Welcome

More and more I want to stay close to you,
this way I can travel far from home,
and return back with new eyes,
new stories,
a new tongue.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Poem for today: YOUR GLANCE SCATTERS SEEDS


Your Glance Scatters Seeds

Your glance scatters seeds,
They jump at the asking of your eyes,
It is their reason for being, that moment of springing
outward.

(after Octavio Paz)

When we exclude we betray ourselves,
Generations of immigrants, itinerants and explorers
Are within this blood,
Within this history,
When we include
we find ourselves.

(after Carlos Fuentes)

This necklace as beautiful as a dream,
Tooth, husk, bead, skin,
Silent in the thick forest,
A prayer before the sacrifice,
The bow, the arrow, the howl.

(after Dom Helder Camara)

I have no brakes,
So make my horn louder.

(after a traditional Cuban saying)

Light winks at me,
I blink back,
It goes like that,
I can take just so much at a time.

(after Roberto Iuarroz)

At the beginning, mother and light are a single entity,
In the middle, a thousand thousand refractions,
In the end, a luminous heart.

(after Pablo Neruda)


(First line quotations taken from Revelations: Latin American Wisdom for Every Day)

No comments:

Post a Comment