Welcome

More and more I want to stay close to you,
this way I can travel far from home,
and return back with new eyes,
new stories,
a new tongue.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Poem for today: ELEPHANT - from Carnival of the Animals


Elephant


I’m large as a barge,
legs thick as a tree,
I’m chubby in the middle,
but fit as a fiddle,
or a piano for that matter,
yeah I’m fatter,
‘cause I’m built for comfort, not for speed,
except when there’s a need,
then stand aside, give a wide berth,
make way for my substantial girth,
or end up smushed all over the place,
but I’ve got grace, and elegance I’d say…in my own way,
I mean, look at this this sizeable snout,
it’s a hunk of trunk, this snakey sniffer,
it’s a handsome honker, 
you couldn't ask for a better peanut picker,
and these ears, big as Bhudha’s…hey…I just heard a pin just drop in Bermuda,
I have no fear of forgetting, like letting birthdays slip,
or the grocery list,
or the name of that great acupuncturist,
I’ve got it all up in my noggin,
I don’t need a computer, and never have to login,
welcome to my wonderful world of XXXXXXXXL,
I happen to enjoy it very well.


See more HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment